Os recém-nascidos não serão aceites em voos da LAM até atingirem as três semanas de idade, e deverão ser acompanhados.
Note 1: Passengers traveling with babies should be assigned specific seats.
Note 2: Infants do not occupy a seat and travel on the lap of their companion.
When buying a ticket for an infant, please note:
- The infant ticket is valid for boarding before the baby turns 2 years old.
- If the return trip is schedule for a date on which the baby has turned 2 years old, please contact LAM to update the ticket.
When buying a ticket for a child, please note:
- A child ticket is valid for boarding before the child turns 12 years old.
- If the return trip is schedule for a date on which the child has turned 12 years old, please contact LAM to update the ticket.
Please note: The non compliance with the above "ticket" rules, might lead to boarding being denied.
A passenger is considered a youth when 12 to 16 years old, traveling alone, occupying a single seat that may have special assistance upon the request of their parents or guardians.
Unaccompanied Minors (UM)
An unaccompanied minor is considered a child aged between 5 and 11 years (inclusive) traveling in a passenger seat and that is not accompanied by another passenger under the age of 18 years.
Minors aged between 12 months and 4 years of age (inclusive) will not be accepted without an escort, unless another companion is indicated (crew cabin or land agent), with an additional cost.
Employees of LAM are not authorized to enter into agreements with other passengers or act this way in order to provide an escort to the child during the trip.
Minors under 12 months can not be accepted as an unaccompanied minor (UM).
Conditions of Acceptance
In order to accept unaccompanied minors for transport the following standards should be taken into account:
- The minor must be accompanied to the departure airport by his father, mother, guardian or responsible person. This person should remain in the terminal / check-in until the plane takes off.
- At the destination airport, the staff in charge should accompany the UM to find the persons named in the form "Council assistance for unaccompanied minors."
Layovers and / or Night stopovers
Layovers and/or night stopovers are not permitted, unless a responsible person is present and has been previously designated by the departure agent, who will wait for the child at the connection, being responsible for the minor until he is presented to LAM to continue the remainder of the journey.
If the minor is accompanied by an official of LAM, proceed according to the conditions described in the previous paragraphs.
Note 1: All expenses of the UM and the companion will be charged to the person responsible for accepting the UM at boarding.
Connecting flights from with other Carriers
Layovers and/or night stopovers are not permitted, unless a responsible person is present and has been previously designated by departure agent, who will wait for the child at the connection, being responsible for the minor until he is presented to LAM to continue the remainder of the journey.
Note 1: The employees of LAM are not allowed to accompany the UM to board an aircraft of another carrier.
Connecting flights from with other Carriers with LAM
Whenever LAM acts as "receiving carrier" the boarding location will be considered as the locale and the established norms must be respected.
Note 1: It is not necessary to issue an “Unaccompanied Minor Request for Carriage” form since the "Carrier delivery" form is similar and it guarantees the acceptance of the UM.