Dar Es Salaam
Dar es Salaam is a city located on the coast of the Indian Ocean. It was founded in 1866 by the Sultan of Zanzibar.The name, of Arabic origin, means House of Peace.
Here, people have a distinct culture and markets worth knowing. This destination offers a gateway to Zanzibar, which contributes greatly to Dar es Salaam appearing on the map of potential tourists.
- Ngorongoro Conservation Area: The Center of the Ngorongoro Crater in northern Tanzania is home to one of the last animal paradises of the earth in a perfect balance between prey and predators, apart from human intervention. This two and a half million year old crater with an area of 326 square kilometers and about 20 kilometers in diameter enjoys a unique ecosystem which hosts seasonal migrations and favors the reproduction of several species
- Kunduchi wet n wild water park: offers water activities like surfing, snorkeling, diving and wind surfing.
- Addis in Dar: One of the best restaurants that unlocks the secrets of Ethiopian cuisine, serving typical food and a wide range of vegetarian dishes.
- Alcove: gives a varied menu of Chinese and Indian dishes.
- Mamboz Restaurant: specializing in Barbecue, open until late, with facilities for deliveries to your door.
- Kilimanjaro Kempinski.
Nightlife in Dar es Salaam
Dar es Salaam is a city rich in cafés or bars, but there are some decent bars around the city. Bars like the Cynics Café and the Wine Bar.
Those who enjoy listening to live music can do so in nightclubs, like the Amana Club and Vijana Social Club.
Shopping in Dar es Salaam
- Shopping in Dar es Salaam is very entertaining, with many souvenirs that can be found in local markets.
The best arts and crafts pieces can be found in weekend fairs at Msasani Slipway Weekend Craft Market.