The transport of human remains is a sensible and emotional act. This service is available for all LAM routes covered by LAM.
Human remains can be accepted for transport provided that:
- All laws and government formalities of the government involved are complied with
- They are accompanied by a death certificate and/ or other necessary documents
- Any type of ceremony is held in the airports of departure and/or destination
Human remains can only be accepted for transportation provided that:
- The reservation of space and weight is confirmed up to the final destination
- Whenever the transportation involves more than one route or other airlines, the reservation must be requested and the respective confirmation obtained, from the point of origin to the point of destination
For the acceptance of human remains, a surcharge of 200% on the standard rate is applied and 300% for cremated human remains.