Traveling with animals and birds
TRANSPORTING ANIMALS BETWEEN MAPUTO AND LISBON
We know how important your pets are to you, which is why we strive to extend our world-class service to your furry and feathered friends when they travel. LAM accepts domesticated dogs, cats and birds as checked baggage, either on your flight or on a separate one, in accordance with international air travel regulations.
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS FOR THE TRANSPORT OF ANIMALS
- Updated animal vaccination booklet;
- Health Veterinary certificate issued at the point of origin;
- Dogs and Cats: Authorization for import purpose issued by Veterinary service provincial Division in the Country of origin;
- Animals with more than 06 months require anti-rabies certificate issued by a competent authority six months prior to animal shipment.
TRANSPORT OF ANIMAL IN THE CABIN (PETC)
- The maximum weight for a pet including its cage is 8 Kg. Only one cage is allowed for each passenger. The pet should always be kept in its cage or sack and the cage must not be opened on board. During all flight the cage must be placed and kept under the seat in front of the passenger. The maximum size of the cage is the same as the hand luggage, but the maximum height is 25 cm so that it may fit under the seat;
- Pets of the same family or otherwise familiar, travelling in the same reservation are treated as a unity of pet. Two or more animals of the same size may be transported in the same cage if the weight and size approved are not exceeded;
- An adequate cage for the animal, large enough so that the animal may stand and lie down comfortably, should be provided;
- The cage must be resistant with waterproof bottom and have an opening for feeding and ventilation;
- Two animals in the cabin are allowed and nearly 10 rows must be maintained between unknown animals.